Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Sewing!

I made Ivy a couple of items this morning and thought I'd share the outcome.  She is happy to oblige when I get out the camera and promptly yells "Cheese!" even before I'm ready.  For this salmon-ish paisley pillowcase dress, I decided to make a contrasting pair of bloomers.  Super Duper Cute (as Brandi would say.)  She is growing so fast that I decided to make it a little longer because the ones I made a few months ago are starting to look like shirts rather than dresses.  I think I'll make some bloomers for those other ones so that she can continue to wear them.






I also decided to attempt an applique to go with this skirt I made a bit ago.  It turned out cute although please don't look too closely.  I'm thankful that the material patterns are a bit abstract because this first attempt at applique is rather abstract itself. 








On another note, we went to see Toy Story 3 yesterday and it was truly wonderful.  The end tore me up and really opened my eyes to how fast the time flies.  As you know, Cole turned nine this past week and this was the first time I realized that we're already half way to college.  Needless to say, I walked away with swollen eyes and a huge lump in my throat.  I need (and want) to spend more time cherishing the moments we all have together.  I'm getting better at focusing on the simple things but still have a long way to go to not be such a spazz!  

Thankfully, I am blessed with a husband who is an expert at living each day to its fullest.

2 comments:

  1. she is a "little ham", Cat!!! Wonder where she gets that????? the dresses and "bloomers" are adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving sewing. I'm not the perfect seamstress but I'm proud that they are wearable and that she can be comfortable. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete