Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cole's Thanksgiving Journal Entry

 
Given that today was yet another snow day for the Williamson County School System, I was blessed with the gift of unscheduled down-time with the kids.  After a 2-game domination of Rummikub (Mom vs. Cole), I stole a moment to read some recent journal entries in Cole's 4th grade composition book.
His writing made me smile and I quickly found my favorite poem: The Senses of Football.

 
Football is orange.
It tastes like dirt.
It sounds like crowds screaming.
It smells like sweat.
It looks tough.
It makes me feel hard core.


I kept reading the entries and soon came to one he wrote in November.  It made my day because a 9 1/2 year old boy doesn't always say what he thinks.  At least not out-loud.


I have tons of things I am thankful for.  I am thankful for my brother Cooper that is always having fun.  He begs me to play Wii with him even though he is four.  I am also thankful for him telling me jokes like "Why did the apple turn over?"  I have never heard that one before.  He is also the best brother ever.  That's why I am thankful for him.

I am also thankful for my little sister Ivy Mae for being so cute.  I get compliments from people, mostly from Tori Egli.  I am also thankful for her letting me read fairy tales to her at night.  She can be annoying but she can be friendly.  That's why I'm thankful for her.

I am also thankful for my stepdad for helping me make the right decisions and being able to help me through tough times.  I am thankful that he can watch football with me.  I am also thankful for him passing the football and riding bikes with Cooper and me.  I am also thankful for him for going to work and earning money for my new house.  That's why I am thankful for my stepdad.



Page 1

Page 2

And for this, I am thankful!

Love,
Cat

4 comments:

  1. Oh how precious, Cat!!!! This should "put a smile" on Jason's face that "will never come off"!!!!! I can relate....I was blessed with a Godsent stepfather and I so feel for little Cole and "his feelings"!!!! Blessings on your precious family, Catherine!!! Luv you guys!! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you witnessing a failed installation error in AOL Desktop Gold? If yes, you don’t have to worry as this error can result from poor or no internet connection. If that’s the case, you have to make sure that you have good internet connectivity to witness this error ever again in the future. To Download Aol Desktop Gold Software, you must check the system requirement first so that you install this desktop software easily on your computer without facing any issues. However, don’t forget to download the setup file of AOL Gold from the official website so that you can remove any minute chances of error too.
    Read More : Fix AOL Desktop Gold Installation Failed Error
    How to fix AOL Desktop Gold won’t open issue
    How to Fix AOL Desktop Gold Installation Failed Issue
    How to Troubleshoot AOL Gold Flash Player Problems
    How To Reset AOL Desktop Gold Password
    How to Export Your AOL Desktop Gold Data to Another Computer
    Can’t set AOL Desktop Gold as Default Browser or Email Client – Troubleshoot
    An overview of AOL Desktop Gold
    How to Fix AOL Desktop Gold Update Error
    Solve AOL Gold Login Errors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post thanks for sharing with us.. just visit our website if user's facing some problem..
    Yahoo Email Not Working Today
    SBCGlobal.net Email Mobile Login

    ReplyDelete