Sunday, October 31, 2010

Spooky Ghost Cookies


Spooky Ghost Cookies!
   
We went to a great Fall Party in a nearby neighborhood last night (thanks Shannon and Shane) and I made these Spooky Ghost cookies to share.
  
I found the recipe in my recipe box and decided it would be fun to try it out.  Super easy, super cute (my kinda recipe)!  Their photo showed a much smoother and shinier ghost but I was happy with the result, regardless.
 
SPOOKY GHOSTS
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes

1 package vanilla candy coating squares
1 (1-pound) package Nabisco Nutter Butter peanut butter sandwich cookies
1 (4.25 ounce) tube black decorating frosting

  • Microwave 6 candy coating squares in a microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 1-2 minutes (or until melted), stirring once.  Dip cookies in candy coating, allowing excess to drip.  Place on wax paper and let stand until firm.
  • Place remaining 3 vanilla candy coating squares in bowl.  Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, stirring once.  Dip cookies again in candy coating, allowing excess to drip.  Place on wax paper.  Let stand until firm.
  • Pipe frosting eyes and mouth on each cookie to resemble ghost.
Notes:  I didn't do this in the microwave.  Instead, I melted all of the white chocolate in a double boiler and then dipped and let harden.  I then just used the back of a spoon to "touch up" the places that needed help.  These things are so sweet they will make your teeth curl.

No comments:

Post a Comment